Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> on 2013/06/07 16:34:52 UTC

[VOTE] Switch ActiveMQ TLP SVN roots from SVN to Git.

Since there were no objections in the recent to switching from SVN to
Git, lets put it up to an official vote.

This vote proposes switching Git git for primary SCM for the ActiveMQ
sub projects. It basically means switching the following read only git
repos to be our primary read-write repos.

git://git.apache.org/activemq.git
git://git.apache.org/activemq-activeio.git
git://git.apache.org/activemq-apollo.git
git://git.apache.org/activemq-cpp.git
git://git.apache.org/activemq-protobuf.git
git://git.apache.org/activemq-stomp.git

And then create git read-write repos for the following SVN roots:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-dotnet/Apache.NMS/
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-dotnet/Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ/
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-dotnet/Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.Openwire.Generator/
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-dotnet/Apache.NMS.EMS/
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-dotnet/Apache.NMS.MSMQ/
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-dotnet/Apache.NMS.Stomp/
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-dotnet/Apache.NMS.WCF/
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-dotnet/Apache.NMS.ZMQ/

[ ] +1 Switch the listed sub projects to Git for the primary SCM.
[ ] -1 Veto the change (provide specific comments)

--
Hiram Chirino

Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.

hchirino@redhat.com | fusesource.com | redhat.com

blog: Hiram Chirino's Bit Mojo

Re: [VOTE] Switch ActiveMQ TLP SVN roots from SVN to Git.

Posted by Jim Gomes <e....@gmail.com>.
-1

As outlined in my message I sent to the informal discussion.  I can repost
on the official voting thread if necessary.
(Sorry for being late.)

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
+1

Regards
--
Dejan Bosanac
----------------------

Posted by Jim Gomes <e....@gmail.com>.
+1

Changing vote to +1, with the provision that the NMS branch porting be
delayed for a short time until supporting infrastructure can be set up to
maintain backward compatibility.

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Torsten Mielke <tm...@redhat.com>.
+1

On Jun 7, 2013, at 5:57 PM, Robert Davies wrote:

> +1
> On 7 Jun 2013, at 15:34, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
>
>> Since there were no objections in the recent to switching from SVN to
>> Git, lets put it up to an official vote.
>>
>> This vote proposes switching Git git for primary SCM for the ActiveMQ
>> sub projects. It basically means switching the following read only git
>> repos to be our primary read-write repos.
>>
>> git://git.apache.org/activemq.git
>> git://git.apache.org/activemq-activeio.git
>> git://git.apache.org/activemq-apollo.git
>> git://git.apache.org/activemq-cpp.git
>> git://git.apache.org/activemq-protobuf.git
>> git://git.apache.org/activemq-stomp.git
>>
>> And then create git read-write repos for the following SVN roots:
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-dotnet/Apache.NMS/
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-dotnet/Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ/
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-dotnet/Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.Openwire.Generator/
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-dotnet/Apache.NMS.EMS/
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-dotnet/Apache.NMS.MSMQ/
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-dotnet/Apache.NMS.Stomp/
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-dotnet/Apache.NMS.WCF/
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-dotnet/Apache.NMS.ZMQ/
>>
>> [ ] +1 Switch the listed sub projects to Git for the primary SCM.
>> [ ] -1 Veto the change (provide specific comments)
>>
>> --
>> Hiram Chirino
>>
>> Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
>>
>> hchirino@redhat.com | fusesource.com | redhat.com
>>
>> skype: hiramchirino | twitter: @hiramchirino
>>
>> blog: Hiram Chirino's Bit Mojo

Torsten Mielke
tmielke@redhat.com
tmielke.blogspot.com

Re: [VOTE] Switch ActiveMQ TLP SVN roots from SVN to Git.

Posted by Robert Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 4:34 PM, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> Since there were no objections in the recent to switching from SVN to
> Git, lets put it up to an official vote.
>
> This vote proposes switching Git git for primary SCM for the ActiveMQ
> sub projects. It basically means switching the following read only git
> repos to be our primary read-write repos.
>
> git://git.apache.org/activemq.git
> git://git.apache.org/activemq-activeio.git
> git://git.apache.org/activemq-apollo.git
> git://git.apache.org/activemq-cpp.git
> git://git.apache.org/activemq-protobuf.git
> git://git.apache.org/activemq-stomp.git
>
> And then create git read-write repos for the following SVN roots:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-dotnet/Apache.NMS/
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-dotnet/Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ/
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-dotnet/Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.Openwire.Generator/
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-dotnet/Apache.NMS.EMS/
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-dotnet/Apache.NMS.MSMQ/
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-dotnet/Apache.NMS.Stomp/
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-dotnet/Apache.NMS.WCF/
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-dotnet/Apache.NMS.ZMQ/
>
> [ ] +1 Switch the listed sub projects to Git for the primary SCM.
> [ ] -1 Veto the change (provide specific comments)
>
> --
> Hiram Chirino
>
> Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
>
> hchirino@redhat.com | fusesource.com | redhat.com

> blog: Hiram Chirino's Bit Mojo

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: [VOTE] Switch ActiveMQ TLP SVN roots from SVN to Git.

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
+1

On 06/07/2013 10:34 AM, Hiram Chirino wrote:
> Since there were no objections in the recent to switching from SVN to
> Git, lets put it up to an official vote.
>
> This vote proposes switching Git git for primary SCM for the ActiveMQ
> sub projects. It basically means switching the following read only git
> repos to be our primary read-write repos.
>
> git://git.apache.org/activemq.git
> git://git.apache.org/activemq-activeio.git
> git://git.apache.org/activemq-apollo.git
> git://git.apache.org/activemq-cpp.git
> git://git.apache.org/activemq-protobuf.git
> git://git.apache.org/activemq-stomp.git
>
> And then create git read-write repos for the following SVN roots:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-dotnet/Apache.NMS/
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-dotnet/Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ/
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-dotnet/Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.Openwire.Generator/
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-dotnet/Apache.NMS.EMS/
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-dotnet/Apache.NMS.MSMQ/
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-dotnet/Apache.NMS.Stomp/
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-dotnet/Apache.NMS.WCF/
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-dotnet/Apache.NMS.ZMQ/
>
> [ ] +1 Switch the listed sub projects to Git for the primary SCM.
> [ ] -1 Veto the change (provide specific comments)
>
> --
> Hiram Chirino
>
> Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
>
> hchirino@redhat.com | fusesource.com | redhat.com