Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Heine, Christian (Extern)" <Ch...@gedas.de> on 2003/01/22 15:18:26 UTC

Handle roles for portlet access for differend panes ?

Hi all,

i've tried to implement a role based access to my self developed portlets
without success, hope that someone can help....

For my organisation i must develop a role-based access to some portlets. For
that i've create a specific security-ref in the security.xreg data and
forced turbine by that way to show or to hide the portlets, separated by the
roles of the user, during the customize process. It works and i can hide
some portlets when the user have not the rights to access them...

The problem i have, is that the user have this rules on any pane of the
portal, he can add these portlets (or not) on any pane . But i must force
jedspeed to separate the customizable portlets by the panes. For example, we
have allways an home pane, where the user have the permission to add all
portlets he like, but he should not have the rights to add the "project
specific portlets".

In the project panes he must only have the rights to add the "project
specific portlets". Is there a way how i can handle that?
At the moment i try to get the roles of any portlet in Velocity to compare
them with the user roles before i show them on the screen. But i do not know
how i can get the security role of any portlet...

Thanks for any help
Christian