Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Terry Medearis <tm...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2015/01/21 23:33:27 UTC

org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(args)... method in Tomcat 6 but not 7 nor 8

Greetings,I have inherited code that calls: org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(args).  I now need to upgrade this code to Tomcat 8.  Currently, we are using Tomcat 6.  I have previously upgraded with no problems, but both Tomcat 7 and 8 do not have the .process method.  I can not find any documentation as to what should be used in place of .process(args).  I have tried:    - Catalina.load(args)
  - Catalina.start()
For both, the application failed with an error stating that the server could not be contacted.  I'm sorry that I can not give more detail than that.  I am counting on the idea that there must be some replacement for the .process() method that I am just not comprehending.  If you know the replacement for org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(args) and could share it with me, I would be very grateful.
Thank You,

Terry Medearis

Re: org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(args)... method in Tomcat 6 but not 7 nor 8

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(args)... method in Tomcat 6 but not 7 nor 8

Posted by Terry Medearis <tm...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Chris,    Another question... So, I understand that the Tomat class has been introduced, but is there anything in the Catalina class that remains that can be utilized in place of the .process method?
Thanks,

Terry
Posted by Terry Medearis <tm...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.