Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Kamil Wasilewski <ka...@polidea.com> on 2020/05/13 11:49:52 UTC

New Grafana dashboards

Hello everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that we've just moved dashboards gathering
performance test execution times from Perfkit Explorer to Grafana. Here's a
link to new dashboards: http://metrics.beam.apache.org

*Why Grafana?*
Grafana is an open source visualization tool. It offers better user
experience and more flexibility that the tool we've been using until now.
It also changes the way of developing new charts - all Grafana dashboards
are stored as json files in Beam's repository, and therefore require a full
code review process.

*What's next?*
There is still some work to be done. This includes moving even more charts
to Grafana and simplifying the process of updating and creating new charts.
We are also working on improving the docs [1].

As always, I'd be happy to hear any feedback from you.

Cheers,
Kamil

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BEAM/Test+Results+Monitoring

Re: New Grafana dashboards

Posted by Kamil Wasilewski <ka...@polidea.com>.
Fixed, thanks for spotting that! One of the regex wasn't properly
interpreted in the latest version of Grafana, but now it should be OK.

Re: New Grafana dashboards

Posted by Pablo Estrada <pa...@google.com>.

Re: New Grafana dashboards

Posted by Pablo Estrada <pa...@google.com>.