Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Paul Angus <pa...@shapeblue.com> on 2015/11/20 10:10:49 UTC

4.6 release

Guys,

I'm out and about this morning, but I've noticed that the release notes state that baseurl for 4.6 is http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/rhel/4.5/
And that somewhat buried in the vmware install information is the fact that the apt-get repo only includes the oss build.

1.       I fundamentally disagree with this practice.

2.       If we're going to do this then it needs to needs to be put front and center on the download links page with an explanation of the differences to save confusion. And a link to where rpms which DO contain the noredist can be found.
It looks like we're actively trying to make it difficult for people to start using CloudStack.

Regards,
Paul Angus
VP Technology/Cloud Architect

[ShapeBlue_col_logo_sml]

S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447711418784 | T: @CloudyAngus
paul.angus@shapeblue.com | www.shapeblue.com | Twitter:@shapeblue

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: 4.6 release

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.
Looks ok aside from a few typos already mentioned in the PR.

--
Erik

Re: 4.6 release

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
@erik and @nux

Re: 4.6 release

Posted by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Re: 4.6 release

Posted by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com>.

Re: 4.6 release

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.

Re: 4.6 release

Posted by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com>.
It was an requirement but is removed in 4.6.0 (the ~1M line code delete change).

Ok, so we need to add two things to the RN/docs then:

1. Remove old dependency on ‘awsapi’ (did not test, copied from Nux):
rpm -e --nodeps cloudstack-awsapi

2. If upgrading from 4.4.x or earlier, 4.6.0 needs to have both systemvm templates of 4.5.0 and 4.6.0 registered prior to upgrade. This will be fixed in 4.6.1 (fix already merged)

Re: 4.6 release

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.

Re: 4.6 release

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Hi,

Re: 4.6 release

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.

Re: 4.6 release

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
Talking about 4.6

Re: 4.6 release

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

Re: 4.6 release

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 2:04 PM, Paul Angus <pa...@shapeblue.com>
wrote:

> Which version (noredist or oss) have the packages on cloudstack.apt-get.eu
> been built with?

​these used to be build noredist. Has anything changed?​ I think we must
replace them if it has.

--
Daan

RE: 4.6 release