Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by "NGUYEN LIEM (APP1LXN)" <AP...@ups.com> on 2002/04/19 16:41:01 UTC

Logkit1.0.1 Question

Hi,

I'm currently using Logkit1.0.1 and I find a problem (bug ?) with
Logkit1.0.1

I try to include the current time in the log file using "<%{time:HH:mm:ss}>"
in the format pattern. It displays correctly when I run under Window2000.
However, when I run on solaris, it displays 1 hour delay. For example, if
the current time is 09:16:35, in the log file it shows 08:16:35 if runs on
solaris and 09:16:35 if runs on Window2000.

Do you have any idea ?

PS: I'm sorry sending this email to you for help since I don't know what
forum I can post the problem. If you know any forum for the logkit where I
can post my question, please let me know too.

Thanks,

Liem Nguyen
liemnguyen@ups.com

Re: Logkit1.0.1 Question

Posted by Eung-ju Park <co...@hotmail.com>.
Day time saving?
Check your solaris.

I am experienced on AIX.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: Logkit1.0.1 Question

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 20 Apr 2002 00:41, NGUYEN LIEM (APP1LXN) wrote:
> I try to include the current time in the log file using
> "<%{time:HH:mm:ss}>" in the format pattern. It displays correctly when I
> run under Window2000. However, when I run on solaris, it displays 1 hour
> delay. For example, if the current time is 09:16:35, in the log file it
> shows 08:16:35 if runs on solaris and 09:16:35 if runs on Window2000.
>
> Do you have any idea ?

Sounds like a TimeZone issue. (ie one of your computers thinks it is in a
different timezone or is set to display a different timezone). Try printing
out the timezone in your log (IIRC is is the "z" character). Maybe also one
of them is thinking it is daylight savings or something.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald