Posted to users@solr.apache.org by r ohara <ro...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/22 14:50:01 UTC

solr backups failing

Hi all,
We are using solrcloud 8.11 with 10 shards. We've been getting errors
trying to back up our index using the collections API. Here's the error we
see in some of the nodes when we run the REQUESTSTATUS api.

Failed to backup core=collection_02_replica_t21 because
java.io.IOException: Input/output error

We ran it successfully once, but since then at least one node, but not
always the same one fails. It is a large index with almost 100 million
documents and 2T total in size. What could cause this error?

Thanks in advance

Re: solr backups failing

Posted by r ohara <ro...@gmail.com>.
The logs did not show anything that would explain the error. I believe
the issue was because I had added a shard since the last backup. Once I
deleted the backup, it worked as expected and subsequent backups worked as
well.

Thanks for the comments.

Re: solr backups failing

Posted by Vivaldi <uy...@vivaldi.net.INVALID>.