Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Jin <ji...@titletrading.com> on 2010/06/02 15:24:46 UTC

Performance : Qpid vs 29west UMDS , just for referenced , not for benchmark.

Hi All:

I did a perf test on May/19/2010 from Qpid trunk.

hardware :   intel i920 4G RAM

OS: linux 2.6.32.

GCC:  4.5.0

on same system, the 29west UMDS's performance:

This test is just for internal reference.  Please don't put it into
public access.

Jinius.

Re: Performance : Qpid vs 29west UMDS , just for referenced , not for benchmark.

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
On 06/02/2010 09:24 AM, Jin wrote:

> Hi All:
>
> I did a perf test on May/19/2010 from Qpid trunk.
>
> hardware :   intel i920 4G RAM
>
> OS: linux 2.6.32.
>
> GCC:  4.5.0
>

> on same system, the 29west UMDS's performance:
>

> This test is just for internal reference.  Please don't put it into
> public access.
>
> Jinius.

Another thing to play with is that umdssend and perftest with default
settings are not doing the same thing.

Carl.

Re: Performance : Qpid vs 29west UMDS , just for referenced , not for benchmark.

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.
On 2 June 2010 15:02, Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 9:51 AM, Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org> wrote:
>> On 2 June 2010 14:42, Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Just out of curiosity, is it possible to run the same test against the Java
>>> broker to compare the performance?
>>
>> If you do have time it would be good if you could run it on the 0-91
>> protocol as well as the 0-10. 0-10 support is new and so not as well
>> tested.
>>
>> You can do this by excluding 0-10 support at startup.
>>
>> qpid-server -p 5672 --exclude-0-10 5672
>>

> The c++ perftest will only work with 0-10 protocol.
> So you really can't run that against the 0-91 version.

Ah sorry didn't notice it was a cpp test.

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rajika Kumarasiri <ra...@wso2.com>.
Jin,
I think it'd be a good idea to share your performance testing framework(so
that qpid can perform a similar test), on the other hand I think that the
frame work is not that complex to share, which just send number of messages
to particular queue/topic and log the stats( at least that what  I
understood from the out puts).

Rajika

--
http://rajikak.blogspot.com/

Re: Performance : Qpid vs 29west UMDS , just for referenced , not for benchmark.

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.
On 2 June 2010 14:24, Jin <ji...@titletrading.com> wrote:

>  Hi All:
>  This test is just for internal reference.  Please don't put it into public
> access.

You do realise this is a publicly accessible list? Even if the numbers are
not easily reachable.

--
Martin Ritchie