Posted to user@struts.apache.org by al...@pass-consulting.com on 2001/12/13 15:24:40 UTC

Problem with Tomcat 3.3 and Struts 1.0

Hi!

I'm new to struts and need help to get the examples running.
I've downloaded and installed a "fresh" Tomcat 3.3.
Then I installed struts 1.0 by copying all struts-*.war in the
webapps-directory of tomcat.

After restarting tomcat, struts is almost working:
* http://localhost:8080/struts-documentation - work
* http://localhost:8080/struts-blank - work
* http://localhost:8080/struts-example - work
* http://localhost:8080/struts-template - work
* http://localhost:8080/struts-upload - work
* http://localhost:8080/struts-exercise-taglib - 75%

  The link to /struts-exercise-taglib/bean-cookie.jsp causes an
  org.apache.jasper.JasperException
  with root cause: java.lang.IllegalAccessException.

  The link to /struts-exercise-taglib/logic-match.jsp causes an
  javax.servlet.ServletException: No getter method for property value of
bean cookie
  with root cause:
  javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: No getter method for property value of
bean cookie.

  But the "best" is the link to /struts-exercise-taglib/logic-compare.jsp.
  It kills tomcat :-(. On the console you can then see:

  #
  # HotSpot Virtual Machine Error, Internal Error
  # Please report this error at
  # http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi
  #
  # Error ID: 47454E45524154452F4F502D41500E435050084B
  #

  abnormal program termination

My environement:
*
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat/release/v3.3/bin/jakarta-tom
cat-3.3.zip
*
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-struts/release/v1.0/jakarta-struts-
1.0.zip
* Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.0-C)
* Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.3.0-C, mixed mode)
* Win2000 Prof.

I put the detailed error messages in the attachment of this mail.
I'm thankful to every hint.

   Alexander