Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Alain RODRIGUEZ <ar...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/01 12:30:25 UTC

Re: Evict Tombstones with STCS

Hi, I think you got it, this is probably the way to go:

> And if it so, forceUserdefinedcompaction or setting unchecked_tombstone_compactions
> to true wont help either as tombstones are less than 20% and not much disk
> would be recovered.

But if you have less than 20% tombstones in there I am not sure that
compacting those tables will help anyhow. It's probably time to add
capacity (nodes, as you can't add disks).

If you still want to give it a try, set the unchecked_tombstone_compactions
to true and the ratio to10% and see how it goes.

An other option to have better control on disk size and being able to use
up to 70% - 80% of the disk, then LCS might be a good option, if it fits
with your use case.

C*heers,

Alain Rodriguez - alain@thelastpickle.com
France