Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org> on 2021/02/06 11:18:54 UTC

Apache Hosted Git Folder not scanned anymore

Most likely there has been an update at INFRA, which causes that commits aren't picked up automatically.
Last scan details[1]
[Thu Feb 04 20:27:32 UTC 2021] Finished organization scan. Scan took 1 min 31 sec

Finished: SUCCESS

Would be great if somebody could investigate this.

thanks,
Robert

[1] https://builds.apache.org/job/Maven/job/maven-box/computation/consoleFull

Re: Apache Hosted Git Folder not scanned anymore

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.
Because we have a lot of repos maybe we should have a dedicated CI infra.
I know that it's possible to use a dedicated Jenkins controller (and
associated agents) to avoid to use the shared resources of all other
projects.

--
Arnaud Héritier
Twitter/Skype : aheritier

Re: Apache Hosted Git Folder not scanned anymore

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
I've created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-21419

Also, I think there's an issue with https://github.com/apache/infrastructure-jenkins/blob/master/src/main/java/org/apache/jenkins/gitpubsub/GitPubSubPoll.java

Robert
On 6-2-2021 15:19:29, Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com> wrote:
Not sure if we are losing some events or if the shared controller has too
many events to process
We can ask to INFRA if they are aware of such issue.
If needed they can contact CloudBees' support to assist in the
troubleshooting.
I can be in the loop and assist if I can get more details from the system
Maybe Stephen or someone else is admin otherwise ?

--
Arnaud Héritier
Twitter/Skype : aheritier

Re: Apache Hosted Git Folder not scanned anymore

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.

--
Arnaud Héritier
Twitter/Skype : aheritier

Re: Apache Hosted Git Folder not scanned anymore

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.
Robert shared with me that an issue we have is that when we update the
shared library we are rebuilding all projects/branches.
I understand how it can easily kill the instance.
We can disable this option

[image: Screenshot 2021-02-06 at 15.14.41.png]

I don't think we really want to rebuild everything when the shared lib is
updated.
Having the updated version used for future builds is probably enough.

We can disable this feature.
We will sadly lose the inclusion of the shared lib changelogs which is
controlled by the same option.

--
Arnaud Héritier
Twitter/Skype : aheritier

Re: Apache Hosted Git Folder not scanned anymore

Posted by Sylwester Lachiewicz <sl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.

--
Arnaud Héritier
Twitter/Skype : aheritier

Re: Apache Hosted Git Folder not scanned anymore

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.