Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ajay kumar <aj...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/28 16:02:44 UTC

Facing problem with implementation of DBCP

Hi All,

        Iam facing problem with DBCP implementation
from last one week.I followed all the instructions
which are mentioned in the documentation section,but i
could not implement it.
         When i run the Program which is involving
DBCP, is showing the following error:
    "java.sql.SQLException: Cannot load JDBC driver
class 'null' ".
        Normal JDBC Programs are working fine.I placed
all the three jar files and Jdbc Driver(Mysql
Connector) in $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib
folder.(commons-collections.jar,commons-dbcp.jar,
commons-pool.jar and
mysql-connector-java-3.1.7-bin.jar)

         The configuration which iam using is:

              Linux Operating System (Redhat v 8.0)
              Mysql(v 3.23)
              Mysql Connector(3.1.7)
              Tomcat 4.1.24
              J2sdk 1.4.1

     I will be very glad to you,if you can assist me
in resolving this issue.
--
Ajay

Re: Facing problem with implementation of DBCP

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
This is usually because of a mis-match in settings in one or more of
your context.xml definition, your web.xml, and your JNDI lookup code.
Check to be sure they are named consistently and properly configured.
Also check your logs for any exceptions related to this.

For further help, please post your configs, code, and any logged exceptions.

--David