Posted to dev@any23.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/13 20:33:48 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Any23 Release 1.0

Hi Folks,

I apologize for taking a while to get this release candidate together. I
found some bus in Maven plugins and it took a while to debug where they
were and which aspects of the release procedure they affected. Now however
it is fixed so that is all good. Please VOTE below on releasing Apache
Any23 1.0 (notice the jump from 0.9.1 --> 1.0). This will represent a MAJOR
release for Any23.

We solved N issues:
*http://s.apache.org/Ull <http://s.apache.org/Ull>*

Git source tag (aae5baf3eb28e9c4bdffdbb4eab69ec012dc11a0):
*http://s.apache.org/O4S <http://s.apache.org/O4S>*

Staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheany23-1000/

Staging artifacts:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/any23/1.0/

PGP release keys (signed using 48BAEBF6):
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/any23/KEYS

I would like to keep the vote open for at least 72 hours.
Thank you to everyone who is able to review this release candidate.
Thank you also to EVERYONE who has been monitoring, contributing towards
and using Apache Any23. The 1.0 release candidate signifies a major step
forward for the project and we are on the way up again :)

[ ] +1, let's get it ruuuumbleeeeee!!!
[ ] +/-0, fine, but consider to fix few issues before...
[ ] -1, nope, because... (and please explain why)

p.s. Here's my +1

Re: [VOTE] Apache Any23 Release 1.0

Posted by Szymon Danielczyk <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

Greate job guys
Thanks for pushing the project
Cheers
Szymon

Posted by Michele Mostarda <mi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Davide Palmisano <dp...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Reto Gmür <re...@apache.org>.
+1

looking good!

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 8:33 PM, Lewis John Mcgibbney <

Posted by Reto Gmür <re...@apache.org>.
+1

Re: [] Apache Any23 Release 1.0

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 14/05/14 01:22, Peter Ansell wrote:
> On 14 May 2014 09:05, Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> wrote:
>> On 13/05/14 19:33, Lewis John Mcgibbney wrote:
>> Unclarity:
>> org.kohsuke.metainf-services is MIT license? (not that source code is
>> included so not a blocker for me) but I can't find it in LICENCES* for
>> binaries.
>> https://github.com/kohsuke/metainf-services/blob/master/pom.xml
>
> If that dependency is a problem we can easily replace the annotations
> with static files. I have recently been replacing them in other
> projects as they don't play nice with Eclipse and M2E, due to the M2E
> assumption that an annotation processor will never create a resource.

No problem at all - the MIT license has attribution requirement which is
common in permissive licenses.

http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#permissive-deps

The binaries-with-dependencies is shipping the software.

Any project shipping with much javascript is going to end up with a lot
of LICENSE entries, one for each javascript library used, as it is so
common in that space and that's in the source release.

	Andy

Posted by Peter Ansell <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 13/05/14 19:33, Lewis John Mcgibbney wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I apologize for taking a while to get this release candidate together. I
> found some bus in Maven plugins

a number 57 bus?

> and it took a while to debug where they
> were and which aspects of the release procedure they affected. Now however
> it is fixed so that is all good. Please VOTE below on releasing Apache
> Any23 1.0 (notice the jump from 0.9.1 --> 1.0). This will represent a MAJOR
> release for Any23.
>
> We solved N issues:
> *http://s.apache.org/Ull <http://s.apache.org/Ull>*
>
> Git source tag (aae5baf3eb28e9c4bdffdbb4eab69ec012dc11a0):
> *http://s.apache.org/O4S <http://s.apache.org/O4S>*
>
> Staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheany23-1000/
>
> Staging artifacts:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/any23/1.0/
>
> PGP release keys (signed using 48BAEBF6):
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/any23/KEYS
>
> I would like to keep the vote open for at least 72 hours.
> Thank you to everyone who is able to review this release candidate.
> Thank you also to EVERYONE who has been monitoring, contributing towards
> and using Apache Any23. The 1.0 release candidate signifies a major step
> forward for the project and we are on the way up again :)
>
> [ ] +1, let's get it ruuuumbleeeeee!!!
> [ ] +/-0, fine, but consider to fix few issues before...
> [ ] -1, nope, because... (and please explain why)
>
> p.s. Here's my +1

+1

	Andy

Unclarity:
org.kohsuke.metainf-services is MIT license? (not that source code is
included so not a blocker for me) but I can't find it in LICENCES* for
binaries.
https://github.com/kohsuke/metainf-services/blob/master/pom.xml

Checking done: a couple of notes in passing:

1/ Checking signing on apache-any23-1.0-src.zip and
apache-any23-1.0-tar.gz.zip

(I don't have a complete web-of-trust but the key ID 48BAEBF6 checks
back to the KEYS and my keyring).

2/ Unpack
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/any23/1.0/apache-any23-1.0-src.zip

"mvn clean test"

with a maven-central only maven settings and empty repo area.

Success

3/ LICENSE and NOTICE

(There is a additional file "LICENSE-header.txt" - ideally put elswhere)

Look good for the source release.
Correct year for NOTICE!

Rat report is believable.

(Minor, not blocking - no mention of which files or part thereof are
from Sesame in the LICENSE)

Spot checks:

service/src/main/assembly/NOTICE-with-deps.txt
html-scraper/src/main/assembly/NOTICE-with-deps.txt
and war file NOTICE
are "2012"
(not blocking; can be fix afterwards)

4/ git

git checkout aae5baf3eb28e9c4bdffdbb4eab69ec012dc11a0 .
mvn -s ../settings-release.xml clean install

Tests pass, artifacts installed.

Other/

The website says "subversion"
http://any23.apache.org/source-repository.html

It's a bit unclear as what is the formal, proper source release item
when the directory is full of "source" - if the announcement could
name/link to the file, that would be good.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Any23 Release 1.0

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
[x] +1, let's get it ruuuumbleeeeee!!!

thanks Lewis for the awesome job getting the beast out of the cage :-)

Tommaso