Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Tom Seelbach <to...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/24 17:40:24 UTC

howto build Axis2 with Continuum

I just installed Continuum 1.1 and tried to build Axis2.  On the "Add Maven
2.0+ project" panel, in the POM URL field I put
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axis2/trunk/java/pom.xml
and changed the "Build Definition Template" to "default maven2 template" and
pressed "Add".

I get the following 2 errors:

1. Missing artifact trying to build the POM. Check that its parent POM is
available or add it first in Continuum. (error repeats 13 times, "parent"
module is 14th one listed in pom.xml)

In the log the error shows up as "add.project.artifact.not.found.error"
with no details.

If the module named "parent" was the first module listed, I think these
errors would go away...

2. Missing 'scm' element in the POM. (error msg for each module/pom.xml)

Looks like Continuum want to see an SCM tag in the pom.xml.  Could we add
one?  Something like this:

<scm <http://maven.apache.org/ref/2.0.8/maven-model/maven.html#class_scm>>
     <connection>scm:svn:http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axis2/trunk/java</connection>
     <developerConnection>scm:svn:https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axis2/trunk/java</developerConnection>
     <url>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axis2</url>
</scm>

-Tom

Re: howto build Axis2 with Continuum

Posted by Tom Seelbach <to...@gmail.com>.
The tests are all passing on my Continuum build after this change.

Thanks Dims!

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
s/8080/6060/g

Posted by Tom Seelbach <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Perfect!

Tom Seelbach wrote:
| Dims,
| Thanks - that worked.  Clean build and all tests working :)
|
| Overall this went very well.  I only needed 2 continuum config/environment
| changes:
| 1. before starting Continuum I had to:
|         export LC_ALL=en_US.utf8
|     to get around this build error:
|
| Provider message: The svn command failed.
| Command output:
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| svn: error: cannot set LC_ALL locale
| svn: error: environment variable LANG is en_US
| svn: error: please check that your locale name is correct
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|
| See:
| http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-continuum-users/200709.mbox/%3c46DFED2B.5090401@ibidem.de%3e
|
| 2. Had to change the Continuum console default port because 8080 is used by
| jaxws tests.
|  (simply change   <jetty.port> in [continuum_home]/conf/plexus.xml )
|
| -Tom
|
| On Jan 24, 2008 11:42 AM, Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
|
| Tom,
|
| When you use "Add Maven 2.0+ Project". Click on the check box marked -
| "For multi modules project, load only root as
| recursive build".
|
| Oh, delete all the projects you have now before you try again.
|
| -- dims
|
| Tom Seelbach wrote:
| | I just installed Continuum 1.1 and tried to build Axis2.  On the "Add
| Maven
| | 2.0+ project" panel, in the POM URL field I put
| | http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axis2/trunk/java/pom.xml
| | and changed the "Build Definition Template" to "default maven2 template"
| and
| | pressed "Add".
| |
| | I get the following 2 errors:
| |
| | 1. Missing artifact trying to build the POM. Check that its parent POM
| is
| | available or add it first in Continuum. (error repeats 13 times,
| "parent"
| | module is 14th one listed in pom.xml)
| |
| | In the log the error shows up as "add.project.artifact.not.found.error"
| | with no details.
| |
| | If the module named "parent" was the first module listed, I think these
| | errors would go away...
| |
| |
| | 2. Missing 'scm' element in the POM. (error msg for each module/pom.xml)
| |
| | Looks like Continuum want to see an SCM tag in the pom.xml.  Could we
| add
| | one?  Something like this:
| |
| | <scm <http://maven.apache.org/ref/2.0.8/maven-model/maven.html#class_scm