Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Chiwan Park <ch...@apache.org> on 2016/01/04 12:52:03 UTC

Flink on EMR Question

Hi All,

I have some problems using Flink on Amazon EMR cluster.

Q1. Sometimes, jobmanager container still exists after destroying yarn session by pressing Ctrl+C. In that case, Flink YARN app seems exited correctly in YARN RM dashboard. But there is a running container in the dashboard. From logs of the container, I realize that the container is jobmanager.

I cannot kill the container because there is no permission to restart YARN RM in Amazon EMR. In my small Hadoop Cluster (w/3 nodes), the problem doesn’t appear.

Q2. I tried to use S3 file system in Flink on EMR. But I can’t use it because of version conflict of Apache Httpclient. In default, implementation of S3 file system in EMR is `com.amazon.ws.emr.hadoop.fs.s3n.S3NativeFileSystem` which is linked with other version of Apache Httpclient.

As I wrote above, I cannot restart Hadoop cluster after modifying conf-site.xml because of lack of permission. How can I solve this problem?

Regards,
Chiwan Park

Re: Flink on EMR Question

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.
Would it cause problems if I remove it from the "flink-runtime" pom?

Seems strange to have a dependency there that we do not even use...

Re: Flink on EMR Question

Posted by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org>.

Re: Flink on EMR Question

Posted by Chiwan Park <ch...@apache.org>.
> [...]

> > > I cannot kill the container because there is no permission to restart YARN RM in Amazon EMR. In my small Hadoop Cluster (w/3 nodes), the problem doesn’t appear.
> > >
> > > Q2. I tried to use S3 file system in Flink on EMR. But I can’t use it because of version conflict of Apache Httpclient. In default, implementation of S3 file system in EMR is `com.amazon.ws.emr.hadoop.fs.s3n.S3NativeFileSystem` which is linked with other version of Apache Httpclient.
> > >
> > > As I wrote above, I cannot restart Hadoop cluster after modifying conf-site.xml because of lack of permission. How can I solve this problem?

Regards,
Chiwan Park

Re: Flink on EMR Question

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.

Re: Flink on EMR Question

Posted by Chiwan Park <ch...@apache.org>.
Hi,

> [...]

> > I cannot kill the container because there is no permission to restart YARN RM in Amazon EMR. In my small Hadoop Cluster (w/3 nodes), the problem doesn’t appear.
> >
> > Q2. I tried to use S3 file system in Flink on EMR. But I can’t use it because of version conflict of Apache Httpclient. In default, implementation of S3 file system in EMR is `com.amazon.ws.emr.hadoop.fs.s3n.S3NativeFileSystem` which is linked with other version of Apache Httpclient.
> >
> > As I wrote above, I cannot restart Hadoop cluster after modifying conf-site.xml because of lack of permission. How can I solve this problem?

Regards,
Chiwan Park

Re: Flink on EMR Question

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.