Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Elsa Andrés <e....@ist-sci.com> on 2004/10/25 18:23:30 UTC

RE: Whitelist not working (solved)

>You're probably getting hit by bug 3855 ('whitelist_from in local.cf
>ignored after whitelist_from loaded from users prefs').
>
>Either disable the user_prefs (if you are not using them) by giving
>spamd the '-x' option, or upgrade to 3.0.1, where it's fixed.

Hi Marco,

Wow... I'm impressed!

I added "-x" option to spamd start script as you mentioned (to prevent "user
prefs" to become active) and, sure it works!

Thank you very much for you tip. I was being crazy to find the error, and
looked and re-looked the local.cf and anything seemed O.K. I think SA admins
should add a little note in documentation in order to prevent SA user's
sanity...

:-D

Greetings.

Re: Whitelist not working (solved)

Posted by Marco van den Bovenkamp <ma...@linuxgoeroe.dhs.org>.
Elsa Andrés wrote:

> Wow... I'm impressed!
>
> I added "-x" option to spamd start script as you mentioned (to prevent "user
> prefs" to become active) and, sure it works!
>
> Thank you very much for you tip. I was being crazy to find the error, and
> looked and re-looked the local.cf and anything seemed O.K. I think SA admins
> should add a little note in documentation in order to prevent SA user's
> sanity...

Not that impressive; I got hit by it myself when I started using spamd
instead of spamassassin directly :-)

It's fixed in the new version (3.0.1), so you might consider upgrading
to that.

--

		Groeten,

			Marco.