Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Sudip Mukherjee <sm...@commvault.com> on 2016/09/14 06:48:55 UTC

DRILL JDBC Driver setFetchSize

Hi,

Should the setFetchSize work similar to applying LIMIT clause with drill JDBC driver? I've set setFetchSize to java<http://ncvs.commvault.com/source/s?defs=java&project=11.0-win>.sql<http://ncvs.commvault.com/source/s?defs=sql&project=11.0-win>.Statement<http://ncvs.commvault.com/source/s?defs=Statement&project=11.0-win> but the query still gets records beyond the fetchSIze.

Thanks,
Sudip

Re: DRILL JDBC Driver setFetchSize

Posted by Sudheesh Katkam <sk...@maprtech.com>.
Hi Sudip,

fetchSize is number of records to fetch per network call from the server (to populate a ResultSet), not the same as LIMIT clause. See [1].

Currently, the client does not advertise this to the server, and the server does not have this capability.

Thank you,
Sudheesh

[1] https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/sql/Statement.html#setFetchSize(int) <https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/sql/Statement.html#setFetchSize(int)>