Posted to user@hama.apache.org by Praveen Sripati <pr...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/05 09:10:25 UTC

Hama Fault Tolerance

1) If a BSPJob has 10 super steps and a task fails at step 5, does the job
need to be run again? Is Hama-503 the solution? Is the state of the job
stored in HDFS between super steps?

2) What other fault tolerance features are implemented in Hama?

3) What is check pointing in Hama?

Praveen

Re: Hama Fault Tolerance

Posted by Praveen Sripati <pr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the clarification. So, the messages are stored in HDFS whenever
there is a checkpoint and in case of any failure the tasks will execute
from the last checkpoint state.

Praveen

Re: Hama Fault Tolerance

Posted by Suraj Menon <su...@apache.org>.