Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Raymond Xie <xi...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/21 04:08:08 UTC

Help please on how to use Ambari on existing cluster

Hello,

This is my first time using Ambari, I already have a three nodes cluster
created on my vm ware, if I launch the cluster installation wizard, it
seems to install a fresh new cluster for me and I do not want that.

Can I load my existing cluster's information into Ambari?

Thank you very much.

*Sincerely yours,*

*Raymond*

Re: Help please on how to use Ambari on existing cluster

Posted by Alejandro Fernandez <af...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Raymond,

If you have an existing cluster already, make sure that Ambari Server is pointed to the right database.
In /etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari.properties, you'll see the existing DB settings.

Thanks,
Alejandro