Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com> on 2001/04/23 19:30:57 UTC

[c2] another report of the elusive ArrayIndexOutOfBounds exception

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute
pipeline.:java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingEventPipeline.process(CachingEventPipeline.java:217)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingStreamPipeline.process(CachingStreamPipeline.java:309)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(sitemap_xmap.java:863)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(sitemap_xmap.java:743)
        at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.process(Handler.java:152)
        at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:99)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:437)

just got it on a newly generated page. reloaded and it went away. kept
reloading, it comes up occasionally.

- donald

Re: [c2] another report of the elusive ArrayIndexOutOfBounds exception

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Donald Ball wrote:

> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute
> pipeline.:java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

This may have to do with pooling Parser instances.  From what I recall from
Xerces, they cannot be guaranteed to be consistent from call to call.
Perhaps we should make them SingleThreaded instead.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Donald,

Have added a few more traces to figure out the cause of this problem. Can you please try the
latest from cvs and send me the cocoon.log?

Also, if you switch to NonCachineEventPipeline, do you ever get it?

Thanks,
dims

--- Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com> wrote:
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute
> pipeline.:java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
>         at

org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingEventPipeline.process(CachingEventPipeline.java:217)
>         at

org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingStreamPipeline.process(CachingStreamPipeline.java:309)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(sitemap_xmap.java:863)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(sitemap_xmap.java:743)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.process(Handler.java:152)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:99)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java:258)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:437)
>
> just got it on a newly generated page. reloaded and it went away. kept
> reloading, it comes up occasionally.
>
> - donald

=====
Davanum Srinivas, JNI-FAQ Manager