Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by September <st...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/12 06:05:44 UTC

Diff Size

Does subversion have a feature that will calculate the amount of data
that has to be transferred for a given operation? That is, is there
something like the following?

svn size up (amount of data that needs to be transferred to update)
svn size commit (amount of data that needs to be transferred to commit)

I apologize if this has been asked earlier; I did browse and search
the archives, but wasn't able to find this question asked clearly. Any
answer, even a negative one, would help a lot.

Thanks,
Arjun

Re: Diff Size

Posted by Konrad Rosenbaum <ko...@silmor.de>.
On Saturday 12 August 2006 08:05, September wrote:
> Does subversion have a feature that will calculate the amount of data
> that has to be transferred for a given operation? That is, is there
> something like the following?
>
> svn size up (amount of data that needs to be transferred to update)

I don't think this is possible. Nor do I understand why you would want it.

> svn size commit (amount of data that needs to be transferred to commit)

Easy:
svn diff | wc

	Konrad