Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Sergio Hernández <sh...@ipsoluciones.com> on 2002/10/25 15:43:34 UTC

problem with EURO symbol

Hí, sorry for my English.

I'm rendering from XSLFO (using data from SqlServer database) to PDF
dinamicaly.

The problem is that some characters, like EUR (Euro), or " , are into
the DataBase, are not seen correctly. At the position of this characters
are replaced by ? or # symbol.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Sergio.

Re: fo properties: glyph-orientation-vertical

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Craig Adamski wrote:
> I realize XSL:FO has an enormous number of properties and glyph-orientation
> is probably low on the priority list.  But does anyone know if there is a
> schedule for implementing this property?

Not scheduled yet. You can implement it yourself, though.

J.Pietschmann

fo properties: glyph-orientation-vertical

Posted by Craig Adamski <cj...@mindspring.com>.
I realize XSL:FO has an enormous number of properties and glyph-orientation
is probably low on the priority list.  But does anyone know if there is a
schedule for implementing this property?

craig adamski

RE: problem with EURO symbol

Posted by "Matthew L. Avizinis" <ml...@gleim.com>.
You could use a template to exchange the Euro character in your database for
the Unicode number.  Here's one I use that works for escaping apostrophe's
when for data I insert to MySQL databases.  This template borrows heavily
from one in Mike Kay's XSLT Reference 2nd ed.  You could probably modify it
for your particular requirement for multiple characters.  Then you wouldn't
have to change the data source.

      <xsl:template name="TextOut">
             <xsl:param name="text"/>
             <xsl:variable name="apos">&apos;</xsl:variable>
             <xsl:variable  name="ntext" select="$text"/>
             <xsl:choose>
                  <xsl:when test="contains($text,$apos)">
                        <xsl:variable name="first"
select="substring-before($ntext,$apos)"/>
                        <xsl:variable name="rest-of-it"
select="substring-after($ntext,$apos)"/>
                        <xsl:value-of select="concat($first,'\',$apos)"/>
                        <xsl:if test="$rest-of-it">
                               <xsl:call-template
name="TextOut"><xsl:with-param name="text"
select="$rest-of-it"/></xsl:call-template>
                        </xsl:if>
                  </xsl:when>
                  <xsl:otherwise>
                         <xsl:value-of select="$text"/>
                  </xsl:otherwise>
             </xsl:choose>
      </xsl:template>
hth,
matthew l. avizinis

Posted by Sergio Hernández <sh...@ipsoluciones.com>.
This is not the solution,
because the data is stored in the database with the euro symbol, and I'm
not going to search for all the DB to change this strange characters ...

There's not any special tag that can escape this characters ?

 <[CDATA[EUR]]  not runs ...

RE: problem with EURO symbol

Posted by "Matthew L. Avizinis" <ml...@gleim.com>.

RE: problem with EURO symbol

Posted by "Matthew L. Avizinis" <ml...@gleim.com>.
In fact, here's something that'll help you with any other characters you may
need for any of the base14 fonts:  take a look at
http://www.renderx.com/Tests/charsets.pdf