Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Tim Philip <ti...@hotmail.com> on 2004/08/19 05:16:49 UTC

Spamnix FORGED_MUA_IMS

Hi,

I know this is a Spamnix question more than a Spamassassin question but on
the off chance someone here knows the answer (and of course Spamnix is
based on spamassassin..., PS I sent a message to spamnix support but got
an auto responder saying I need to send my registration code to get my mail
read - I don't use Spamnix so thats not much help).

One of my users communicates with Harvard business school and they use
Spamnix on their desktops. His mail is being flagged as spam by Spamnix
and the rule that is causing the problem is:-

FORGED_MUA_IMS     (4.3 points)

But it ain't forged, its Exchange 5.5 SP4 and here is a header:-

Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:24:45 +0800

Spamnix also triggers this rule:-

INVALID_MSGID (0.3 points) Message-Id is not valid, according to RFC 2822

Spamassassin 2.64 doesn't trigger either of these rules. Does anyone know
if Spamnix is using an old broken version of spamassassin or any other
reason
why these rules should trigger on this mail?

Thanks a lot.

Feeling spent? Apply here for emergency plastic surgery:
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;9577691;9687279;r?http://www.promo.com.au/virgincreditcard/plasticsurgery/track.cfm?source=P08

Re: Spamnix FORGED_MUA_IMS

Posted by Daniel Quinlan <qu...@pathname.com>.
"Tim Philip" <ti...@hotmail.com> writes:

> I know this is a Spamnix question more than a Spamassassin question but

I'm sorry, I think the best option is to call Spamnix.

I don't want to be harsh, but answering questions about unknown products
is a huge time sink (for many reasons) and I'd be surprised if any open
source project is eager to answer questions about closed products.  I
have nothing against commercial versions of SpamAssassin (after all, I
helped create one in a previous job), but it's not practical.

Daniel

--
Daniel Quinlan
http://www.pathname.com/~quinlan/