Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by C N <na...@hotmail.com> on 2021/03/04 22:59:45 UTC

Apache for Windows 10

Hi
I am out of the habit of using your wonderful open source Apache open office, I cant see where to select the right download (just need the document programme for typing letters)/64bit?

Please advise?

Many thanks

Conchita Navarro (UK)

Re: Apache for Windows 10

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 08:09:22 -0700
Geeny Yoga Komanac <gi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> thanks I don't see where to unsubscribe though?
>
> Gina, RMT, Yoga Instructor

Try

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Apache for Windows 10

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 16:18:45 +0100
Andrea <an...@gmx.ch> wrote:

> Am 05.03.2021 um 16:09 schrieb Geeny Yoga Komanac:
> > thanks I don't see where to unsubscribe though?
>

> At he end of many mails :-) (It's strange, but it is not part of every
> mail which reaches me from this list)

I also have just found that it is not part of most users@openoffice.apache.org emails.

RoryOF

Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Apache for Windows 10

Posted by "Carlo Strata (tiscali.it)" <ca...@tiscali.it>.
Hi everyone,

I should only want to remember here that LibreOffice (in addition to
what OpenOffice do):

a1) reads and writes odt, ods, odp, ... (also known as Open Document Format)

a2) reads and writes (!) docx, xlsx, pptx, ... (also known as OOXML or
Office Open XML)

a3) reads and write old legacy (and closed) doc, xls, ppt, ... (also
known as Microsoft legacy file format)

b) execute mass file conversion from the menu File --> Wizards -->
Document converter... that you can use in many cases.

I suggest you to use version:

a) 7.1.1.2 already quite solid, rich and powerful Windows, MacOS, Linux
builds (both 32 and 64 native builds)

b) or 7.0.5.2 rock solid (released within a few days), less rich and
less powerful Windows, MacOS, Linux builds (both 32 and 64 native builds)

Do you have any doubt yet? ;-)

Have all a nice evening,

Carlo

Re: Apache for Windows 10

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 08:28:16 -0700

Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Apache for Windows 10

Posted by Geeny Yoga Komanac <gi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Apache for Windows 10

Posted by Andrea <an...@gmx.ch>.

Re: Apache for Windows 10

Posted by Geeny Yoga Komanac <gi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Apache for Windows 10

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 07:54:01 -0700

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Apache for Windows 10

Posted by Geeny Yoga Komanac <gi...@gmail.com>.
why is this coming to me?

Re: Apache for Windows 10

Posted by C N <na...@hotmail.com>.
Carlo

Re: Apache for Windows 10

Posted by Carlo Strata <ca...@tiscali.it>.
Hi Conchita,

Re: Apache for Windows 10

Posted by David Robley <da...@robley.net.au>.
There is no 64 bit version of OpenOffice for Windows yet; select the
Windows 32 bit option at http://www.openoffice.org/download/

As a courtesy I have forwarded a copy of this reply to you as well as to
the mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at
<us...@openoffice.apache.org> - replies to my personal email address
will be ignored.

On 5/3/21 9:29 am, C N wrote:
> Hi
> I am out of the habit of using your wonderful open source Apache open office, I cant see where to select the right download (just need the document programme for typing letters)/64bit?
>
> Please advise?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Conchita Navarro (UK)

Cheers
--
David Robley

"It's time for the second funeral," Tom rehearsed.