Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Eric Hodges <er...@mongoosetech.com> on 2002/05/01 18:56:36 UTC

Custom security questions

I need to implement custom security for Slide.  It needs to go to a special
API to find out who is in /users.  I can't figure out the "right" way to do
this from looking at the docs or the source.

Should I:

1. Extend another descriptors store to intercept URIs under /users?
2. Create a new store of some sort and map it to the /users URI?  If so, how
do I configure that in domain.xml?

Does anyone have experience with this issue?  We have a custom API that
aggregates principal information from various sources (LDAP, ActiveDirectory,
different app servers, EJBs, etc.).  We want those principals to show up in
Slide.