Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Louis Smith <dr...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/01 18:44:37 UTC

Maven 3 support?

Anyone have a schedule for MVN 3 support to be added to Continuum?  And yes,
I know it works fine now - but I hate having to define "maven 3" as a "maven
2" installation type...

Louis

--
Dr. Louis Smith, ThD
Chief Technology Officer, Kyra InfoTech

Re: Maven 3 support?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 02/06/2011, at 3:06 AM, Louis Smith wrote:

> It's bigger than that... maybe need to remove the main (left side) menu item
> for "add Maven 1" and (or just) add "add maven 3.x.x", define the
> installationtype drop-down content wherever it is... Not sure if the POM
> parsing should have the new rules during a maven 3 upload...

Trunk has already removed the "2"'s, with a view to removing Maven 1.x at some point (making it just "Maven project").

> Should Maven 1 support be dropped or kept now that Maven 3 is stable?

Maybe... though they are so completely different that anyone using Maven 1.x is probably not upgrading :)

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org