Posted to dev@marmotta.apache.org by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org> on 2013/02/01 09:40:45 UTC

Re: jira

Hi,

yesterday we discussed that the components does not fit with the
(planned) project structure. Please, take a look on the current
components at Jira:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MARMOTTA#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Acomponents-panel

and send suggestion where we should go to more fine-grained.

Greetings,

--
Sergio Fernández

Re: jira

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
Hi Fabian,

On 04/02/13 10:48, Fabian Christ wrote:
> just a suggestion from my experiences with JIRA and release cutting in
> Stanbol: The components in JIRA should correspond to the release
> artifacts that you are planning to cut. From our experience in Stanbol
> so far it makes things easier.
>
> For example, you have LDCache and LDClient as components. Are those
> always released separately? If not, I would suggest to have only one
> component there.

Well, for us components are more aligned with responsibilities on a
concrete functionality. We don't expect to have an independent release
per component as many OSGi project do.

> This only applies if you want to release components independently. If
> you are planning to always release everything at once - it makes no
> difference.

No, we don't expect to have an independent release per component in
Marmotta, as many OSGi project do.

Thanks for your feedback.

Cheers,

--
Sergio Fernández

Re: jira

Posted by Fabian Christ <ch...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

just a suggestion from my experiences with JIRA and release cutting in
Stanbol: The components in JIRA should correspond to the release
artifacts that you are planning to cut. From our experience in Stanbol
so far it makes things easier.

For example, you have LDCache and LDClient as components. Are those
always released separately? If not, I would suggest to have only one
component there.

Essentially, it is this schema:
- a JIRA component = release artifact
- a JIRA version for a release can be defined as component-[version]
- when cutting the release just check the resolved issues for the component

This only applies if you want to release components independently. If
you are planning to always release everything at once - it makes no
difference.

But I have to say that changing / editing components at any time is no
problem in JIRA. So you can always change and shift the issues once a
you found a structure that suits your needs.

Best,
 - Fabian

--
Fabian