Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/24 19:03:19 UTC

Apache Roller 5.0.1 available & upgrade recommended for all Roller sites

New release: Apache Roller 5.0.1 is now available on Apache mirrors
world-wide and you can find it here:

   http://roller.apache.org/downloads.html

This release fixes two security vulnerabilities in Roller, listed below:
   CVE-2012-2380: Apache Roller Cross-Site-Resource-Forgery (XSRF) vulnerability
   CVE-2012-2381: Apache Roller Cross-Site-Scripting (XSS) vulnerability

Because the above are serious security vulnerabilities, we recommend
that all sites running Apache Roller upgrade to this new release as
soon as possible.

Thanks,
Dave

--
Dave M. Johnson
Apache Roller PMC Chair

Re: JRoller replacement? (Was Re: Apache Roller 5.0.1 available & upgrade recommended for all Roller sites)

Posted by Frans Thamura <fr...@meruvian.org>.
the blog basically from my student, to start do blogging.

and we use the roller as case study, because we also create a framework
based on struts2-spring-hibernate, take a look www.meruvian.org and the
kids www.facebook.com/meruvian

like bootstrap and facebook

take a look one of them

http://blogs.mervpolis.com/roller/dwx/

the problem, the server located in indonesian internet exchange, faster for
indonesian to access..

but dunno how slow when you access server outside indonesia

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@talend.com>.

--
Glen Mazza
Talend Community Coders

Re: JRoller replacement? (Was Re: Apache Roller 5.0.1 available & upgrade recommended for all Roller sites)

Posted by Frans Thamura <fr...@meruvian.org>.
Our roller free services

Posted by David Johnson <sn...@gmail.com>.

Sent from my iPad

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@talend.com>.
I would have to see what such a market becomes, but I think the Apache
Roller site should allow advertisements of people who will provide
Roller blog hosting, either free w/ads or with a cost w/no ads.  This
would not be a particular money-maker, as the fact that Blogger and
Wordpress are free would put a limit on how much one could charge for
blog hosting, and it would be limited primarily to those who like
Roller's velocity based templating and the bells and whistles it
provides and would pay for that specifically.  OTOH, for somebody who's
already gone to the effort of Tomcat hosting just for his or her Roller
blog, it wouldn't be much effort for that person to allow additional
blogs, and if he can get a few extra blogs to cover the cost of his
Tomcat hosting, great.

What is really needed are those who are already in the business of
providing Tomcat hosting to just sell simple Roller blog accounts of an
already existing instance of Roller on Tomcat.  They should be able to
offer that at a considerably reduced price over standalone Tomcat hosting.

Glen

--
Glen Mazza
Talend Community Coders

RE: JRoller replacement? (Was Re: Apache Roller 5.0.1 available & upgrade recommended for all Roller sites)

--
Glen Mazza
blog: www.jroller.com/gmazza

Re: JRoller replacement? (Was Re: Apache Roller 5.0.1 available & upgrade recommended for all Roller sites)

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@talend.com>.

--
Glen Mazza
blog: www.jroller.com/gmazza

Re: JRoller replacement? (Was Re: Apache Roller 5.0.1 available & upgrade recommended for all Roller sites)

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@talend.com>.

--
Glen Mazza