Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by NewUser <sw...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/21 06:54:23 UTC

Print functionality in tapestry 4.1.6

Hi everyone,

I am using tapestry 4.1.6 in my project. I have to implement a print
functionality that includes :

1. displaying a 'Print' button on a page
2. click on 'Print' button opens up that particular page in pop-up along
with print dialog box

I have been so far successful in achieving  both the above using
PopupLinkRenderer with directLink and window.print() .

The problem is my page is inside a frame (that's another portal). I don't
want the outer portal to get printed when i call window.print()

Is there some way to achieve this??  So that only the page will get print
and not the frame or portal containing the page.

Re: Print functionality in tapestry 4.1.6

Posted by derkoe <ta...@gmail.com>.

Re: Print functionality in tapestry 4.1.6

Posted by NewUser <sw...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I want to add on that I am using a 'Print' button on my page that uses
PopupLinkRenderer to display a popup window containing the page I want to
print.

Can someone provide me some code to print the page within the popup window
??

Thanks in advance

Re: Print functionality in tapestry 4.1.6

Posted by derkoe <ta...@gmail.com>.
NewUser wrote

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am using tapestry 4.1.6 in my project. I have to implement a print
> functionality that includes :
>
> 1. displaying a 'Print' button on a page
> 2. click on 'Print' button opens up that particular page in pop-up along
> with print dialog box
>
> I have been so far successful in achieving  both the above using
> PopupLinkRenderer with directLink and window.print() .
>
> The problem is my page is inside a frame (that's another portal). I don't
> want the outer portal to get printed when i call window.print()
>
> Is there some way to achieve this??  So that only the page will get print
> and not the frame or portal containing the page.

That's not quite a Tapestry but a general web dev question ... anyway:

A web page cannot set the printing behavior when it comes down to frames. In
most browser the user can choose the what to print - all frames, a single
frame or as shown in the browser.

A solution from the application-side could be to open a new window with the
print version and close it after printing.

--
Chris