Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Li...@my.standardchartered.com on 2006/05/25 09:03:21 UTC

[users@httpd] Error - Compile JK2 on AIX

Hi,

I am trying to compile Jakarta Connector JK2 on IBM AIX 5.2 server. I hits
the following error during the compilation:

./buildconf.sh
./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apachessl/bin/apxs
make

Error encounter:

        list=' server/apache2';  for i in $list; do  echo "Making $target
in $i";  if test "$i" != "."; then  (cd $i && make) || exit 1;  fi;  done;
Making  in server/apache2
"Makefile", line 20: make: 1254-055 Dependency line needs colon or double
colon operator.
"Makefile", line 23: make: 1254-055 Dependency line needs colon or double
colon operator.
"Makefile", line 44: make: 1254-055 Dependency line needs colon or double
colon operator.
"Makefile", line 46: make: 1254-055 Dependency line needs colon or double
colon operator.
"Makefile", line 48: make: 1254-055 Dependency line needs colon or double
colon operator.
make: 1254-058 Fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue.

Stop.

Anybody can help???

Regards,
Huoy Li
This email is confidential. If you are not the addressee tell the sender immediately and destroy this email without using, sending or storing it. Emails are not secure and may suffer errors, viruses, delay, interception and amendment. Standard Chartered PLC and subsidiaries ("SCGroup") do not accept liability for damage caused by this email and may monitor email traffic.

Re: [users@httpd] Error - Compile JK2 on AIX

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Lim.Huoy-Li@my.standardchartered.com wrote:

> I am trying to compile Jakarta Connector JK2 on IBM AIX 5.2 server. I
> hits the following error during the compilation:

That's bad since JK2 is abandoned.  There is much development on mod_jk which
is what you should obtain and install (version 1.2.14 or later is quite stable.)