Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Soren Macbeth <so...@dopeness.org> on 2011/02/09 19:43:11 UTC

pig on EMR tips/tricks/hacks/optimization

For those of you on this list that have or are using pig via amazons elastic
mapreduce, I'd love to hear any tips specifically related to this
environment. I'd be more then happy to pull them all together and post them
for the benefit of all in return. how to structure data on s3 for efficient
map operations, determining optimal PARALLEL statements, etc.

I've seen the Pig wiki / cookbooks etc, but I'm looking for anything
specific to elastic mapreduce.

Thanks in Advance,
Soren

--