Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by "Warren Togami Jr." <wt...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/13 12:19:09 UTC

Question about ReturnPath and IADB

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/spamassassin/trunk/rulesrc/sandbox/felicity/70_iadb.cf?revision=789457&view=co
# we already check for this
#header RCVD_IN_IADB_HABEAS
eval:check_rbl_sub('iadb-firsttrusted', '^127.2.255.101$')
#describe RCVD_IN_IADB_HABEAS           IADB: Sender participates in
Habeas program
#tflags RCVD_IN_IADB_HABEAS             net nice

# we already check for this
#header RCVD_IN_IADB_BONDEDSENDER
eval:check_rbl_sub('iadb-firsttrusted', '^127.2.255.102$')
#describe RCVD_IN_AIDB_BONDEDSENDER     IADB: Sender participates in
Bonded Sender program
#tflags RCVD_IN_IADB_BONDEDSENDER       net nice

Does this mean that IADB syndicates ReturnPath's "safe" and "certified"
lists?  How up-to-date is this syndication?

I ask, because if they are kept up-to-date, we could eliminate two DNS
queries per mail and reuse this existing DNS query for these two rules.

http://www.spamtips.org/2011/01/usage-limits-of-spamassassin-network.html
This further matters because ReturnPath advertises a limit of 100k
queries per today, while IADB seems to have no query limit and they have
free data feeds.

Warren

Re: Question about ReturnPath and IADB

Posted by "Warren Togami Jr." <wt...@gmail.com>.
http://www.isipp.com/iadb.php
It is a little confusing.  I can only guess that this company inherited
the "assets" of a previous company or rebranded, kind of like how
ReturnPath's two lists were not always branded ReturnPath.

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.

Posted by "J.D. Falk" <jd...@cybernothing.org>.
On Jan 13, 2011, at 3:19 AM, Warren Togami Jr. wrote:

> Does this mean that IADB syndicates ReturnPath's "safe" and "certified" lists?  How up-to-date is this syndication?

I'll check, but I'm fairly sure that IADB is /not/ republishing our current data.

It's possible that they republished Bonded Sender at some point in the distant past.

Not sure if IADB's stuff is even being actively maintained anymore.

--
J.D. Falk
Return Path Inc.