Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Rural Hunter <ru...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/03 08:17:49 UTC

What's the best way to find if a row exists?

I plan to use
HTable.exists(http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/HTable.html#exists%28org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.Get%29).
But it seems it is used to check a cell(column). Is there a better way
to just check if the row with specific key exists?

Re: What's the best way to find if a row exists?

Posted by john guthrie <gr...@gmail.com>.
this is the use case for Bloom filters, isn't it? GETting rows when you're
not sure they exist

Posted by "Monishsvce@gmail.com" <mo...@gmail.com>.