Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Rafael Schloming <ra...@redhat.com> on 2010/03/22 18:41:24 UTC

heads up on address changes

For those of you who are using the new API we're going to be committing
some changes/additions to some of the address options to make the
options a bit shorter, more consistent, and more flexible. These may
break some existing usages. Here is a summary of the changes:

  - The node-properties option is now named node, e.g:

      name/subject; {create: always, node: {type: topic}}

  - There is now a link option:

      name/subject; {link: {name='blah', durable=True, ...}}

  - The x-properties map has gone away in favor of x-declare,
x-bindings, and x-subscribe which each customize different portions of
the sender/receiver creation process.

  - The x-declare and x-bindings option may appear under either the node
or link options and will have a different effect in each case. When
appearing under the node option, x-declare behaves much as x-properties
used to behave, and x-bindings will cause additional bindings to be
created when the node is created, e.g.:

     # declaration overrides and bindings will only be applied if the
node is created
     name/subject; {create: always, node: {x-declare: {...}, x-bindings:
{...}}}

    When appearing under the link option, the x-declare will apply
overrides to the declaration of the subscription queue, *not* the node.
Also the bindings specified in x-bindings will be declared whenever the
sender/receiver is created rather than just when the node is created, e.g.:

     # declaration overrides for the subscription queue, and bindings to
be declared whenever the link is created
     name/subject; {link: {x-declare: {...}, x-bndings: {...}}}

  - In addition the x-subscribe option may also be used to directly
customize the subscribe request, e.g.:

     name/subject; {link: {x-subscribe: {arguments: {filter: "blah"}}}}

As always, the 'x-' prefixed options employ protocol specific
customizations and may not be supported with all protocol versions.

--Rafael

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: heads up on address changes

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
On 03/22/2010 01:41 PM, Rafael Schloming wrote:
> For those of you who are using the new API we're going to be committing
> some changes/additions to some of the address options to make the
> options a bit shorter, more consistent, and more flexible. These may
> break some existing usages. Here is a summary of the changes:
>
> - The node-properties option is now named node, e.g:
>
> name/subject; {create: always, node: {type: topic}}
>
> - There is now a link option:
>
> name/subject; {link: {name='blah', durable=True, ...}}
>
> - The x-properties map has gone away in favor of x-declare, x-bindings,
> and x-subscribe which each customize different portions of the
> sender/receiver creation process.

Nit-picking: x-bind would be more consistent with x-declare and x-subscribe,
i.e. all imperatives. Shorter too.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org