Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Shiva Teja <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/03 10:40:22 UTC

Contributing to Flink

Hi,

We’re a group of students from Indian Institute of Technology Mandi. Thanks
to our curriculum, we could take up the task of enhancing Flink’s
monitoring capabilities as an academic project but unfortunately we
couldn’t get start working on it for various reasons. We’re all set now and
would like to contribute.

We’re currently exploring Flink’s architecture and playing around with it.
We see that work has been started[0] and a pull request for adding metrics
library is open[1]. Since the PR is the beginning of adding more metrics,
we’d love to sync up and handle further tasks.

[1] https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/421

Thanks,
Shiva Teja.

Re: Contributing to Flink

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

thank you for your interest in contributing to Flink.

As you've seen from the discussion on the #421 pull request, there are some
feature requests by users regarding this feature.
if you are interested, feel free to pick up the work from there and extend
it.

Let me know if you have questions.

Best,
Robert