Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/11 19:45:11 UTC

Expressions in MapReduce

Are we able to do expresions in Mapreduce
Say if i am having a csv file . which has 2 columns.
The user is giving an expresion
col1  + col2 = col3
Are we able to do this?
And when again the user wants col1 - col2 = col4
Can we do it in the same mapreduce (dynamic change of expressions)

--
*Thanks & Regards*

Unmesha Sreeveni U.B
Junior Developer

http://www.unmeshasreeveni.blogspot.in/

Re: Expressions in MapReduce

Posted by Marco Shaw <ma...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure on your exact details, but it is always possible to do just
about anything with your MR logic.

Now, to suggests that there may or may not be a performance hit is a
different story...

Marco

Posted by Marco Shaw <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marco Shaw <ma...@gmail.com>.