Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Eivind Berg Vesterhus <vi...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/05 12:42:57 UTC

java.lang.AssertionError when using XmlObject.Factory.parse(inputstream)

Hi,

We're upgrading a large Oracle Weblogic Portal application, and are seeing
several errors when trying to create XML objects using XMLBeans 2.2.0 that
is supplied with the Oracle portal framework.

Our XMLBeans schema-project is built as a separate module/jar, and we're
referencing this module from other Java-modules.

In one of the Java-modules, we create the XML-objects by calling
XmlObject.Factory.parse(inputstream). The inputstream points to an XML-file,
and an example of such a file is given below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<AccountAliasResponseVOW   xmlns="
http://www.acme.com/cps/webservices/account/transvo">
  <result>OK</result>
</AccountAliasResponseVOW>

When we run our unit tests from Maven 2 using our XMLBeans-project, the
parse-method throws the following exception for several XML objects:

java.lang.AssertionError: Type system registered element
AccountAliasResponseVOW@http://www.acme.com/cps/webservices/account/transvobut
does not contain document type.

I am quite new to XMLBeans, and it is not clear to me what the exception
above is trying to tell me. Is the underlying XSD or xsb-file missing? Does
this seem like a class loading issue for you experienced users?

You see, we're also experiencing the following exceptions for several XML
objects:

java.lang.LinkageError: Loading of resource
schemaorg_apache_xmlbeans.system.schemasTypeSystem.reportinterestdetailsvowb0c1doctypefailed,
information from
schemaorg_apache_xmlbeans.system.schemasTypeSystem.index.xsb is  out of sync
(or conflicting index files found)

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com/acme/cps/webservices/report/transvo/ReportAccountInterestVOListWDocument

The latter clearly indicates a classloading issue, and thus lead me to think
all our errors may be rooted in a classloading issue. But what does the
former exception state? I am quite sure that two versions of the index files
are not present on the classpath. What might cause the index file to be out
of sync, and what does it mean?

Any ideas as to how I may figure what the source of the problem is?

Kind regards,
Eivind Berg Vesterhus