Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by James Holmes <ja...@jamesholmes.com> on 2006/03/02 20:40:47 UTC

Tiles support for other JSF impls

Right now the Tomahawk Tiles support only works with the MyFaces implementation.
This seems to be a symptom of the fact that
org.apache.myfaces.shared.webapp.webxml.WebXml.init(ExternalContext) is only called
by the MyFaces Faces Servlet. This precludes other implementations from working
because the WebXml class is never initialized. Can we not just add WebXml.init
(context) to the "if (webXml == null)" clause of the
org.apache.myfaces.shared.webapp.webxml.WebXml.getWebXml(ExternalContext) method?

James

Re: Tiles support for other JSF impls

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Just changed that - was necessary anyways for our newly refactored shared-stuff.

regards,

Martin

On 3/2/06, Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm... the question is, if the timing is alright then.
>
> Anyone knowing a bit more on this topic than me?
>
> regards,
>
> Martin
>
> On 3/2/06, James Holmes <ja...@jamesholmes.com> wrote:
> > Right now the Tomahawk Tiles support only works with the MyFaces implementation.
> > This seems to be a symptom of the fact that
> > org.apache.myfaces.shared.webapp.webxml.WebXml.init(ExternalContext) is only called
> > by the MyFaces Faces Servlet. This precludes other implementations from working
> > because the WebXml class is never initialized. Can we not just add WebXml.init
> > (context) to the "if (webXml == null)" clause of the
> > org.apache.myfaces.shared.webapp.webxml.WebXml.getWebXml(ExternalContext) method?
> >
> > James
> >

> --
>
> http://www.irian.at
>
> Your JSF powerhouse -