Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by abhishek jain <ab...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/18 13:31:48 UTC

Terminate sessions of particular domain

Dear friends,
I want to terminate the sessions of a particular domain name / webapp.
How can i do so. also can i do so while tomcat is running.

Pl. advice.i am using tomcat 5.5 on centos / linux
--
Thanks and kind Regards,
Abhishek jain

RE: Terminate sessions of particular domain

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: abhishek jain [mailto:abhishek.netjain@gmail.com]
> Subject: Terminate sessions of particular domain
>
> I want to terminate the sessions of a particular domain name / webapp.
> How can i do so. also can i do so while tomcat is running.
>
> Pl. advice.i am using tomcat 5.5 on centos / linux

In 5.5, you can use LambdaProbe to manipulate active sessions.

Consider moving up to Tomcat 6.0, where session management is available from Tomcat's built-in manager webapp.  Use the "List Applications" page, and click on the session count field to display the sessions for a particular webapp.  From there you can expire whatever sessions you want.

You can also access the session information via JMX (e.g., JConsole).

 - Chuck

Re: Terminate sessions of particular domain

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
abhishek jain wrote:
> Dear friends,
> I want to terminate the sessions of a particular domain name / webapp.

I am not sure exactly what you want to do, but anyway I think you should be a bit more
clear as to where / when / why you want to terminate these sessions.

> How can i do so. also can i do so while tomcat is running.

It would be hard to terminate sessions if Tomcat is not running.