Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Thomas Scholzen <ts...@buche17.de> on 2023/03/28 08:41:33 UTC

Media server connection is failed, will try to re-connect

Hi Maxim,

I just migrated from OM 6.00 to 7.00. After the upgrade did not work
(too much stuff in the backup) I went for a fresh installation. I
installed OM 7.0.0, kurento via docker and coturn. However, I get "Media
server connection for user  XXX is failed, will try to re-connect" every
2 to 15 seconds, depending on the client and location. When the internet
is routed via VPN to the server that runs OM, there are no problems. OS
Ubuntu 20.04
So I suspect an issue with the turnserver. With OM 6.0.0 this setup went
fine, so there is probably some kind of misconfiguration.

"$ docker logs kms" gives me:

"KurentoWebRtcEndpointImpl
WebRtcEndpointImpl.cpp:609:WebRtcEndpointImpl: TURN server not found in
config; remember that NAT traversal requires STUN or TURN"

In /etc/turnserver.conf I have:
   use-auth-secret
   static-auth-secret=7xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   realm=testexample.de
   stale-nonce=0
   log-file=/var/log/turnserver/turnserver.log
   syslog

In webapps/openmeetings/WEB-INF/classes/openmeetings.properties I have:

    kurento.ws.url=ws://127.0.0.1:8888/kurento
    kurento.turn.url=xxx.yyy.zzz.aaa:3478
    kurento.turn.user=
    kurento.turn.secret=7xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    kurento.turn.mode=rest

Because I run also other services on this server SSL is done via port
4443 with a proxy to localhost:5080/openmeetings (see attached apache2
virtual host config). This makes it a bit complicated, but it was
working flawless with OM 6.0.0

I Would appreciate if you could give me a hint how to debug this.

Best regards
Thomas

Re: Media server connection is failed, will try to re-connect

Posted by Alvaro <zu...@gmail.com>.
Ok, Thanks

-------

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: Media server connection is failed, will try to re-connect

Posted by Alvaro <zu...@gmail.com>.
...is this url right?

Posted by Alvaro <zu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Maxim to tell me.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: Media server connection is failed, will try to re-connect

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Thomas can you privately send me your openmeetings.log
According to Audio/Video settings dialog correct TURN server is being used now
And media connection is established

but test recording seems to not work :(

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: Media server connection is failed, will try to re-connect

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
I'll check a bit later today

Posted by Thomas Scholzen <ts...@buche17.de>.
Hi Maxim,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
According HTTPD config:

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: Media server connection is failed, will try to re-connect

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: Media server connection is failed, will try to re-connect

Posted by Thomas Scholzen <ts...@buche17.de>.

Hi Maxim,

the size of the backup was ~ 4 GB. When the upgrade failed, I

Links:
------
[1] http://testexample.de
[2] http://127.0.0.1:8888/kurento

Re: Media server connection is failed, will try to re-connect

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
from mobile (sorry for typos ;)

Posted by Thomas Scholzen <ts...@buche17.de>.

Hi Maxim,

thanks for the fast response. I used the command line for migration, and
it did not work (restoreing backup just hangs forever). But no problem

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Thomas,

--
Best regards,