Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Nitin Sharma <ni...@bloomreach.com> on 2015/09/25 19:30:18 UTC

[Open source] SolrCloud High Availability (HAFT) Library - Bloomreach

Hi all,

 We are glad to announce that we have open sourced the SolrCloud HAFT
library <https://github.com/bloomreach/solrcloud-haft> under the Apache
License Version 2.0.

HAFT is a High Availability and Fault Tolerant framework for solrcloud. It
was built from the ground up at Bloomreach to provide high availability
operations for solrcloud. It was covered in great detail at our talk
<http://www.slideshare.net/nitinssn/solr-compute-cloud-an-elastic-solrcloud-infrastructure>
last
year in the Lucene Revolution Conference. We are very happy to contribute
this back to the community.

The current open source version offer the following functionality

   1. Cloning/Backing up SolrCloud Data across clusters
   2. Backing up Zookeeper configs

We are actively working on open sourcing more functionality to the library
in the coming months. We will be monitoring the github frequently to
address any bugs/feature requests :)

It would be great if we can link this in the solrcloud contributions wiki.
Can you give us access to that?

Let us know if you have questions/comments.

Thanks,
Nitin

Re: [Open source] SolrCloud High Availability (HAFT) Library - Bloomreach

Posted by Nitin Sharma <ni...@bloomreach.com>.
Thanks.

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.

Posted by Nitin Sharma <ni...@bloomreach.com>.