Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dale Newfield <Da...@Newfield.org> on 2007/11/15 19:04:30 UTC

Re: [struts] action and method separator using something other than action!method

> Amit Rana wrote:
>>  I have a url for login
>> <s:url id="loginurlid" namespace="/" action="login"
>> method="input"></s:url>
>>
>>  This generates a url like http://localhost:8080/myapp/login!input.action
>>
>>  Is there a way to tell s:url to use _ or / as separator and not !

In struts.xml you can define any name you want for your action, which is
really just an alias for an action class/method combination:

<action name="loginBecauseISaidSo" class="loginAction" method="input">

then the url can be generted by
<s:url id="loginurlid" namespace="" action="loginBecauseISaidSo"/>
with the resulting url (relative to your app) of /loginBecauseISaidSo.action

Basically, if you're specifying the method in s:url, then in my opinion
you're missing an action mapping in struts.xml.

-Dale