Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Vishnu Viswanath <vi...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/18 20:12:31 UTC

AVRO Union type support in Flink

Hi All,

Does Flink support AVRO union types - Documentation says it supports
nullable types: {"name": "type_double_test", "type": ["null", "double"]}

But my schema has something like : {"name": "union_field", "type":
["string", "double"]}

Thanks
Vishnu

Re: AVRO Union type support in Flink

Posted by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org>.
Hi Vishnu,

I took a look into the code. Actually, we should support it. However,
those types might be mapped to Java Objects that will be serialized with
our generic Kryo serializer. Have you tested it?

Regards,
Timo

Posted by Martin Eden <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hey Vishnu,