Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Mikael Ståldal <mi...@magine.com> on 2016/01/12 13:25:14 UTC

Custom layouts

It seems like the documentation does not contain any information about how
to implement a custom Layout as a plugin. Perhaps we should add something
about this here:

http://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/manual/plugins.html

I think we should change this sentence to contain an exhaustive list:

"Core plugins are those that are directly represented by an element in a
configuration file, such as an Appender, Logger or Filter."

So we need to add Layout there. Anything else?

--
[image: MagineTV]

*Mikael Ståldal*
Senior software developer