Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Srikrishna S <sr...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/08 05:07:28 UTC

Spark Installation

Hi All,

Does anyone know what the command line arguments to mvn are to generate the
pre-built binary for spark on Hadoop 2-CHD5.

I would like to pull in a recent bug fix in spark-master and rebuild the
binaries in the exact same way that was used for that provided on the
website.

I have tried the following:

mvn install -Pyarn -Dhadoop.version=2.3.0-cdh5.0.1

And it doesn't quite work.

Any thoughts anyone?

Re: Spark Installation

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.
On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 4:07 AM, Srikrishna S <sr...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Does anyone know what the command line arguments to mvn are to generate
> the pre-built binary for spark on Hadoop 2-CHD5.
>
> I would like to pull in a recent bug fix in spark-master and rebuild the
> binaries in the exact same way that was used for that provided on the
> website.
>
> I have tried the following:
>
> mvn install -Pyarn -Dhadoop.version=2.3.0-cdh5.0.1
>
> And it doesn't quite work.

It would be a lot more helpful to say what didn't work exactly.

Re: Spark Installation

Posted by Jaideep Dhok <ja...@inmobi.com>.
Hi Srikrishna,
You can use the make-distribution script in Spark to generate the binary.
Example - ./make-distribution.sh --tgz --hadoop HADOOP_VERSION

The above script calls maven, so you can look into it to get the exact mvn
command too.

Thanks,
Jaideep

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 8:37 AM, Srikrishna S <sr...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Does anyone know what the command line arguments to mvn are to generate
> the pre-built binary for spark on Hadoop 2-CHD5.
>
> I would like to pull in a recent bug fix in spark-master and rebuild the
> binaries in the exact same way that was used for that provided on the
> website.
>
> I have tried the following:
>
> mvn install -Pyarn -Dhadoop.version=2.3.0-cdh5.0.1
>
> And it doesn't quite work.
>
> Any thoughts anyone?

receipt.

Re: Spark Installation

Posted by 田毅 <ti...@asiainfo.com>.
Hi Srikrishna

the reason to this issue is you had uploaded assembly jar to HDFS twice.

paste your command could be better diagnosis

田毅
橘云平台产品线
大数据产品部
亚信联创科技(中国)有限公司