Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kevin Grey <KG...@dynamicsoft.com> on 2002/03/18 21:39:57 UTC

Disable DTD Validation for web.xml

Heya,

            I was wondering if its possible to disable DTD validation for
the web.xml for a specific WAR file (or across an entire Tomcat engine)?

~~K

Re: Disable DTD Validation for web.xml

Posted by Olaf Jahn <ol...@infopark.de>.
"Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Kevin Grey wrote:
> >             I was wondering if its possible to disable DTD validation for
> > the web.xml for a specific WAR file (or across an entire Tomcat engine)?
> >

> Not without changing the Tomcat sources.

Does not seem so: At least for Tomcat 3.3 the following is documented in
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/serverxml.html#WebXmlReader:

  <WebXmlReader validate="false" />

Don't know if it works, though. Always preferred making my files
valid. ;-)

Olaf

Re: Disable DTD Validation for web.xml

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Kevin Grey wrote:

> Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 15:39:57 -0500
> From: Kevin Grey <KG...@dynamicsoft.com>
> To: "'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'" <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Disable DTD Validation for web.xml
>

> Heya,
>
>             I was wondering if its possible to disable DTD validation for
> the web.xml for a specific WAR file (or across an entire Tomcat engine)?

Not without changing the Tomcat sources.  IMHO, this would be a really
unwise thing for people to do to themselves, because it basically
guarantees that your app would not be portable even if it just happened to
run on Tomcat.

> ~~K

Craig