Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Davor Cengija <da...@mail.inet.hr> on 2001/02/23 08:13:39 UTC

Creating SAXSource from ResultSet

	Currently, I'm transforming my ResultSet to a DOM object, and
	then calling transformer.transform(new DOMSource(doc)). This
	looks pretty time- and memory- consuming and I'd like to try
	with SAXSource (which should be faster, right?) Is there an
	easy way for creating SAXSource from ResultSet?

	I see SAXSource constructors needs either InputSource (which
	needs String, InputStream or Reader) or XMLReader or both.

	If I want to use InputSource(java.io.InputStream stream) I
	should create that stream by looping through ResultSet and
	appending "<element>", content, "</element>" to it, right?
	That also looks very time- and memory- consuming.

	Is there a simplier way?

	ResultSets are very dynamic, and cacheing is almost
	impossible.

	Thanks.

--
Davor Cengija