Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@anova.be> on 2007/08/09 07:40:09 UTC

Default behavior on mvn jbi:projectDeploy

L.S.,

By default, this command doesn't seem to update anything that is already
installed/deployed.  I would have expected that by default for a service
assembly:
- it installs any dependencies (components and shared libraries) that
aren't already installed, but doesn't update them
- it deploys the service assembly or updates it if necessary

You can specify -DforceUpdate=true, but this will also update the JBI
components that were already installed (possibly causing other SA to be
restarted in the process) while they probably haven't changed if you're
using a released version of ServiceMix.

Gert

Re: Default behavior on mvn jbi:projectDeploy

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, I agree that the behavior is not very intuitive.
Note the command should now be able to run from a top level project.
In which case, I think all deployable artifacts should be updated, but
all dependencies should not unless the -DforceUpdate=true flag is set.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet