Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Patrick Krekelberg <pa...@bellapk.com> on 2008/07/08 21:49:40 UTC

Executing PHP from SVN

I have some secure SVN repositories viewable via the web. I want to be
able to place PHP in the repositories which will be executed properly
by Apache in order to allow simple web applications to run. I am using
Subversion auto-props to set up the correct mime types for HTML, etc.
but I cannot get it to work for PHP.

My Apache installation has the line:
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php

However, if I set the mime type of PHP files to application/x-httpd-
php in auto-props they do not run in the browser. What am I missing?
What mime type should I be setting the PHP files to in my auto-props?

thanks,
-Patrick

Re: Executing PHP from SVN

Posted by Patrick Krekelberg <pa...@bellapk.com>.
I agree it's the wrong thing to do, I am using another vhost as a
server-side working copy. It was more of a curiosity than anything.
Thanks for your help.

Re: Executing PHP from SVN

Posted by Mark K <ma...@mitsein.net>.
You are trying to execute php files directly from the repository or from
a working copy?  I am guessing you are trying to run them straight from
the repository (through DAV).

AFAIK, that is "the wrong thing to do."  Check them out into a working
copy where they will be normal files and point your web server to that.

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 16:49:40 -0500
Patrick Krekelberg <pa...@bellapk.com> wrote:

> I have some secure SVN repositories viewable via the web. I want to
> be able to place PHP in the repositories which will be executed
> properly by Apache in order to allow simple web applications to run.
> I am using Subversion auto-props to set up the correct mime types for
> HTML, etc. but I cannot get it to work for PHP.
>
> My Apache installation has the line:
> AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php
>
> However, if I set the mime type of PHP files to application/x-httpd-
> php in auto-props they do not run in the browser. What am I missing?
> What mime type should I be setting the PHP files to in my auto-props?
>
> thanks,
> -Patrick

Mark K