Posted to user@poi.apache.org by raju <ra...@hotmail.com> on 2007/03/15 11:06:41 UTC

Jexcel and xlsql performance issue

Hi

We are using Jexcel in combination with xlsql  driver.
 Performance seems top be hit badly when we try to read in a sheet.Xlsql
seems to read the entire file for every sheet in the file.

Sheet sh= Workbook.getWorkbook(file).getSheet(fileName);
Please let me know ways in which performance could be improved in such a
scenario.

Regards
Raj

Re: Jexcel and xlsql performance issue

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@buni.org>.
raju wrote:
> Hi
>
> We are using Jexcel in combination with xlsql  driver.
>  Performance seems top be hit badly when we try to read in a sheet.Xlsql
> seems to read the entire file for every sheet in the file.
>
> Sheet sh= Workbook.getWorkbook(file).getSheet(fileName);
> Please let me know ways in which performance could be improved in such a
> scenario.
>
> Regards
> Raj

And WHY are you writing the POI-user mail list about it?

--
>From Windows/Exchange to Linux/Meldware
Buni Meldware Communication Suite
Email, Calendaring, ease of configuration/administration
http://buni.org